6.07.2007

Artfully Fun

Today, my coworkers and I celebrated a couple of birthdays for June. One of my coworkers is a tool junkie, so I HAD to get her the Stampin' Up! 4-piece cutting tool... it has a perforator, cutter, scoring tool & 7-sided paper distresser. I could be wrong, but I believe the cutting/distressing product first started with Tonic Studios. The company has a whole line of well-designed cutting and crafting tools. Tonic Studios has cushioned grip scissors that are easier on hands. If you spend several hours cutting and crafting, believe me, it makes a bit of a difference!





I created a set of greeting cards with "Artfully Asian" for the other birthday girl. Even though I stamped and heat embossed a couple images at a time, there were some slight variations. I often prefer to work better intuitively. I cut out the main images, created a second layer or "mat" for some and played with different pieces before deciding how to make each composition. Here's my color scheme: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand and Bravo Burgundy. I used Hodgepodge Hardware, hemp twine and grosgrain ribbon for added flair. Surprisingly, it didn't take much time to pierce a straight row of little holes using SU's piercing guide and mat. I may just start using it more often! Here are 3 samples for now... more to come!

No comments: