5.21.2007

Swap Samples



This is from my very first swap. For those who haven't swapped before, each participant turns in a set number of cards (or card fronts) in the same design. The swap coordinator receives the cards/fronts and makes sure each participant gets one of each unique design. Then the packages are mailed back to each of the participants.

After I sent my package, I was anxious to see what everyone else made. It was so much fun receiving them in the mail. The best part is that, even though people may use the same stamp set, they make totally different cards.

The seashell is from one of my favorite Stampin' Up! sets in the 2006-07 catalog... "Beautiful Beach." I wanted to use a combination of sage shadow and bravo burgundy. The vintage brads and "distressed" look of the spring showers paper from SU! added to the look.. "Happy Birthday" is from the hostess set, Warmest Regards and the swirls are from Finest Flourishes. I think Finest Flourishes has been taken for granted. I haven't seen many cards, scrapbook pages or items utilizing the set. The images add an elegant, aged texture.



This is a more recent card for another swap. I actually wanted to do more layering or add more "umph" but time flew and before I knew it, I had to mail them! I had to make about 36 in all, so it was a bit time consuming. I used the "Simply Said" set, apricot appeal, bashful blue, certainly celery, cranberry crisp and whisper white cardstock, apricot appeal, bashful blue and chocolate chip classic ink, whisper white craft ink on the heart shape, and the spring bouquet punch.

1 comment:

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Those are very sweet swap cards! I really just need to break down and get the Simply Said set! I can't believe I still don't have it!
~Angie