6.11.2007

Faux Metal Technique

I think this technique is for an intermediate-level stamper.. for sure, it is a little more time-consuming than directly stamping on paper and you may need to try it a couple times before getting the desired effect. For the cards in my post below, I first placed my paper on top of a large piece of scrap paper and daubed my Versamark Pad (until the surface was completely covered). Then, I sprinkled copper embossing powder over the entire surface and heat embossed it. I repeated this two more times. As the saying goes: "The third time's the charm." On the third layer of embossing powder, I kept my heat tool above the piece until I was sure the entire surface was still hot. I immediately stamped onto the embossed surface, before the layer hardened. I left the stamp on the surface for about 5 seconds before removing it. On one faux metal piece, the image did not come out clear... so I inked it up again and added a 4th layer of embossing powder. When it was reheated, the old image melted down and I was able to stamp my image again... it was much better!

1 comment:

michelle sturgeon said...

Fun technique! Great tutorial!